Russian tennis player Andrei Rublev named the reasons for the defeat from the Frenchman Adrian Mannarino in the second round of the ATP 250 VTB Kremlin Cup tournament in Moscow.
Also, the tennis player considers himself guilty of losing in doubles.
– There was a difficult flight, acclimatization. But this does not affect the current result in any way. It's more of a trifle. I still had every chance of winning. Should have won. It happened today. I tried, fought to the end. Somewhere emotions interfered, somewhere Mannarino played very well. Because of this, this is the result.
– Did your opponent surprise you today?
– No. I know how he plays and can play. He played the way he was supposed to.
– Did the loss in single player affect the game in pairs?
– Yes, completely. I couldn't play a pair at all. Karen played alone, fought, tried. I was completely devastated, without emotion, even more depressed, in some bad thoughts. It so happened that I pulled everything down, and Karen pulled it out.
Let us remind you that Rublev, paired with Karen Khachanov, lost in the quarterfinals to the international duo Harry Heliovaara (Finland) / Matve Middelkop (Netherlands).