State Duma deputy Vitaly Milonov commented on the victory Daniil Medvedev in the final of the US Open.
The Russian defeated Serb Novak Djokovic in three games.
– Firstly, it's nice that only brotherly people – Serbs and Russians – remained in the tournament. This shows hope that Russia will return to the top of tennis. The most important thing for all of us to look at Medvedev and take an example. I am sure that the spirit of tennis is very close to us, and the Americans will leave tennis, because their biology, style and body positivity do not fit with tennis at all. Tennis is absolutely unpleasant to us in the American sense. There are pretty girls, athletic guys – everything is fine with that. God himself has ordered us to play tennis and throw the Americans far, far away.
– The American public supported Djokovic in every possible way, and they tried to bring Medvedev out of the psychological state. How can you comment on this?
– Americans and dignity are incompatible things. It would be strange if they behaved like humans. For a normal person, the booing and grunting from American fans are just words of support, because what kind of fans is the result. In this case, for ours, this is absolutely not a reason to be upset. Americans are angry because we are doing better and cooler, and we will continue to do so so that Americans drown in their hatred.
– Actors Brad Pitt, Bradley Cooper, Joseph Mazzello and Rami Malek watched the match. What do you think, what was their reaction to the victory of the Russian athlete?
– Most of these people understand and see absolutely everything perfectly. There is an ideology that they are recommended to appear somewhere. They saw how the Russians play and the Americans. Americans are fugitive, around the booba statue in America. It's good – let them watch us play and sit in the stands.
Medvedev won his first Grand Slam tournament. Previously, the Russian reached the TBS finals twice – in 2019 at the US Open and this year at the Australian Open.
- Medvedev's first coach: “Danya managed to disarm Djokovic, he was the leader at corte “